Sunday, December 4, 2011

When a good deal isn't.

Yesterday I was borderline accused of helping people spend money instead of save money...so I thought I'd address that for a second :)

It is SO easy to catch deal fever, right?! To think that you might miss a good deal...or to see all the deals and think you need to buy them because, well "it's such a good deal!" Oh the highs and lows of deals! I've been there and I go back there, haha. But, I also attempt to take a step back and think about whether I actually need this deal. Because if it isn't something you need, then really it's not a good deal! You are wasting money...perhaps less of it, but wasting it nonetheless. So rather than feel like you are "missing out" consider it choosing wisely the deals you participate in!

So a win-win in the deal world is finding something you need when it's on sale. Taking advantage of the savings that a store offers on an item that you might otherwise have spent a lot more on. And if you are patient, you can usually find the deal you need :)

1 comment:

  1. I confess...I was the accuser....all in jest of course...it actually warms my heart that Pam is pursuing 'sale' options! I will say however that we have been able to purchase all our christmas gifts because of this site...so...win win!

    ReplyDelete