Tuesday, November 29, 2011

And the waiting begins...

For the packages of course :)

If you didn't already know, you'd soon find out that I LOVE getting packages. I'd almost rather shop online (so long as shipping is free) so that I can then have the fun anticipation of waiting for what I just bought. It's kind of like a double Christmas. A few weeks of pre-Christmas opening packages and then the fun of wrapping and giving to someone else for the real Christmas :)

I'd list all the things I'm waiting for but then my friends & family would know what they are getting...
What are you waiting for in the mail???

Oh and one little funny Black Friday story for you!
I think it's finally funny to me...


My friend Rachel & I went to the outlet malls on Thursday night. Our last stop for the night/morning was Old Navy. The line was out of control but we decided to get in it anyways. We had been in line for about 40 minutes when the girl behind us came up with 3D glasses for her and her friends stating that an employee told her if she was wearing these when she checked out, she'd get an EXTRA 50% off. So what do I do but go get a pair for Rachel & I. Then Rachel & I take turns standing in line as we frantically double the amount of items we previously had. I had the cutest coat for Grady, so excited!!!

15 minutes go by and we finally make it towards the front. An employee asks me how my night is going. I reply, "SOOOO GREAT!!! Best night of my life!" (common phrase i use). A few minutes later, Rachel steps up to an open register, meanwhile the employee asks me what I think is going to happen if I'm wearing the glasses. In a whisper I say, "we get an extra 50% off :) :) :)!" She replies, "Umm...I think you just get a sticker..." I say, "If I get a sticker, I'm putting it on you :) hahaha" All fun & games...until I step up to the register and this lady has no idea what I'm talking about either. BUT, there are other ladies wearing them who were given the same information. The employees said there was a promo with them the day before. Regardless, many women, not happy. We tried our best to argue our case but they weren't having it. Apparently there was one misinformed employee walking around or an employee playing a terrible joke on people who waited in line an hour at 1am :(

No comments:

Post a Comment